The Contact Panel enables Index users to take quick actions upon completing a call with a customer such as adding call notes and/or tags to an existing or prospective contact. This article explains how to use the Contact Panel, along with how to enable/disable it.
Accessing the Contact Panel
After a Call
The Contact Panel will display after a call ends. In order to have it displayed, it needs to meet the following requirements:
- Incoming call duration is greater than 60 seconds.
- Outgoing call duration is greater than 1 second.
- The number is not an unknown or blocked number.
When the app is in the background or when the phone is locked:
- A push notification is sent (when opened, Index will open and the Contact Panel will populate) allowing you to add notes or tags to the number/contact.
- Click on the notification to trigger the Contact Panel and open the Index app.
iOS users: Due to iOS restrictions (out of our control) when the Index app is backgrounded, the only way to open the Index app (which activates the Contact Panel) is for you to open up the push notification (i.e we cannot open the app for you)
Dismissing the Contact Panel
- From Settings: Index Settings > Under Index Tools, select Contact Panel > tap to disable.
- This will disable the pop-up window after a call is ended.
- Manually: Tap the "X" under the text responses, or swipe the Contact Panel down after you've added notes or tags to exit the screen.
- This simply exits out of the Contact Panel after you've added notes, tags, or saved the contact.
- If you dismiss the Contact Panel without adding notes or saving the contact name, the unknown number will NOT be shown in your Index Contacts.
- Call Interruption: If a second Index call comes through and you answer it, the Contact Panel from the first call is dismissed automatically regardless of whether the second call triggers the Contact Panel or not.
If you have questions or experience any issues with the Contact Panel, please feel free to submit a request.