The Contact Panel feature helps you save a new number (i.e. convert it to a contact) immediately after the call has ended.
What you may see in the Contact Panel:
- Number has no name
- Number with name (or Maybe name)
- How an unsaved/unknown number will appear in your Index contacts
Number has no name
- Tap on the "Add Name" button
- Type in the first and/or last name
- Tap "Save"
- If you wish to go back, tap "Cancel" and the info will remain unsaved.
Number with Name/Maybe Name
There may be a name displayed with the phone number or you may see a "Maybe" next to the name as this is being suggested. If this is the case, you can save the name with the phone number if correct.
To Edit: Tap on the pre-populated name and update the contact name.
How an unsaved/unknown number will appear in your Index contacts
While in the Contact Panel, if you do not save a name to a phone number that is not currently saved in your address book & you add notes, the phone number will be stored in your Index Contacts under:
- The # sign at the bottom of the address book
- The phone number will be displayed
Please note: If you do not input notes nor save the phone number with a name (from the Contact Panel), the phone number will show in your Index Inbox ONLY. It will NOT show in your Index Contacts (as described above)
If you have further questions on how to save contacts from the Contact Panel, please submit a request.